Friday, September 13, 2019

I see your lips moving but....

9/13/19

Dear Todd,

I am finding lately when you are telling me things, I am not being the most mindful, present person I could be. This is not meant to be unkind or rude, though it is...so I apologize. I had hoped that maybe by sharing what is happening while you are talking, you may understand better, me, your wife. However, you may also be thinking, "Wtf? you weren't listening?" And now I've just outed myself for no reason.
Here's the thing...you were starting to tell me something that happened on Bill Maher...and as I watched your hand gestures accompany your lips, my mind starting sharing other thoughts....it said things like,

"If I make the burgers at 2pm, and keep them in foil, they should be ok by the time everyone eats at 5...right? And I can grab the balloon at Safeway when I get the gatorade for after the race in Greeley today. Do I still want to get that thing for J's bday at Kohl's? Yea, I think I do. I could go to Safeway, then Kohls and then loop back to I25 for the race. I would have to leave by 3 at the latest...maybe I could get the balloon in the morning? But how would I smuggle it in? What flavor Gatorade do you think he wants? I can totally get the balloon in the morning, because I have to get donuts when I pick up the corsage for Homecoming. God, I hope those pants fit him...I'm gonna need to get the stuff for the treasure hunt out of the basement before I leave for Kohl's and Safeway....shit I should check and see if J's gift is in our mailbox. Gotta get the burgers started I have a client calling at 2:30 before I leave for Kohl's. Is Kohl's necessary? Yes. Yes it is."

And then I heard you say, "Wouldn't you agree?"
And I said, "Yes." The same way I scroll through all sorts of legal agreements on things without reading them and say "I agree" just so I can move on to the next thing. It's awful. I would like to schedule a "non-distraction" time with you. Realistically in 2026.

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

almonds and stuff

Dear Todd, Picture if you can our sweet, little Vegan daughter. She is frazzled. She is in a magenta hoody, pulled tightly over the bun on...