Monday, September 30, 2019

Magic Land


Dear Todd,

I have found a new favorite day of the year. Tour de Corgi. It's quite possibly one of the happiest days on earth. The Tour de Corgi is a day of Corgi explosion (figuratively)--no Corgi's were harmed in the Tour de Corgi. Corgi's from all over, flood Old Town in costume--often accompanied by other family members in thematic attire. For example, there was an entire cast of Labyrinth: Bowie (holding a chihuahua in the red and white striped jumpsuit), Connelly, in the white ballgown, Bluto, and the corgi was the dog with the stuffed fox jockey. Surfers dressed their corgi in shark costumes, there were "corwhals" instead of narwhals, and "Keeping up with the Corgdashians," in which little dogs were wearing shiny leather pants. Seriously. Shiny leather pants on dog butts. There were so many in clothes, but then even more who just came au natural. Corgis everywhere.

And as if that wasn't miserable enough, Ben and Jerry's was giving out Free Ice Cream Samples of their new flavor "Justice Reform Remix." As I put the chocolate, cinnamon, bits of brownie and cookie dough magic into my mouth, I realized there was a "peace event" happening all around us. Literally. Booths promoting peace, artists making crafts, other vendors preaching advocacy and kindness. Musicians on stage started singing "Imagine" by John Lennon, while a toddler in a sunhat played in the splash park with a thirsty, naked corgi. Norman Rockwell's got nuthin' on this scene. It was like a ginormous bag of Skittles just rained down on Old Town.

Which makes me feel even more like a ninny muggins as I angrily sit here on the couch waiting for our eldest's laundry to finish so I can throw it in the dryer overnight (again gratitude for having a washer and dryer and eldest) but I'm sooooooo tired, and I am grouchy. I mean, I was in Magic Land Saturday and already today I am grouchy. Hardly seems like the way to behave. However, you weren't in Magic Land, and I'm mostly grouchy with you. Perhaps if you also went to Magic Land you wouldn't say things today that would make me mostly grouchy with you. You need to get yo ass to Magic Land.
(Side note...While my intent was clear, it would though, be all the more magical, if you could find a way to ride there on a mule.) That's the kind of healing magic we all need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

almonds and stuff

Dear Todd, Picture if you can our sweet, little Vegan daughter. She is frazzled. She is in a magenta hoody, pulled tightly over the bun on...